Enroll in CPE
Step 1: Select your Training Mode
ICPT offers three modes for your CPE training.
- Standard "classroom" method conducted at a CPE Center – Students meet
once per week for 4–6 hours to discuss case studies and receive "gifting",
present book reviews, and present or review didactics, etc.; and they perform their clinical
hours at associated facilities such as hospitals, hospice facilities, correctional
facilities, corporations, or their current place of ministry to name a few.
- Long-distance training – The long-distance program was designed for the busy
pastor, chaplain, or employee that cannot leave their current place of ministry or work to
attend one of our Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Centers. Without this option it is
extremely difficult for those who need credentials to pursue their calling in the ministry
and yet do not have the time or monies to put their life on hold or uproot their families.
ICPT’s online program allows trainees to do all of their clinical hours at their
current ministry location while at the same time utilizing email, phone, discussion boards,
and in some cases Skype, to fulfill their classroom hours. ICPT is proud to be the pioneers
in this innovative process which has allowed students from all over the world partake in our
- Evidence-based training (on–site or long–distance) – This new addition
to our programs is conducted in collaboration with the Spiritual Care Association and includes specific
evidence-based online training with knowledge based testing. This enhancement can be added to
either our long–distance or on–site programs. For more information on the
evidence based program go to the Spiritual Care Association page here.
CPE units are 12 weeks in length. The unit consists of 300 clinical hours and 100
ICPT defines its online CPE program as a "specialized type of ministerial training
which does not interrupt the trainee's life or calling." The student does not extend
into the CPE journey, but rather, the journey extends into the life of the trainee.Back to the top
Fill Out the Application
Back to the top
- Choose which unit you wish to apply for (See our schedule)
- Decide whether you are enrolling in an on-site or long-distance unit.
- Decide whether you are enrolling in a standard or enhanced unit.
- Download and complete our application (.DOCX or .PDF - incomplete applications will be returned
- If you need a payment plan, download and complete the Request for Payment Plan.
- Submit your application as an e-mail attachment (preferred) to the office of the
Registrar at email@example.com or mail it
via USPS to our offices at:
The Institute for Clinical Pastoral Training
Office of the Registrar
PO Box 620822
Orlando FL 32832–0822
- Submit the application fee using the button below or you may send it to our corporate
office at the address above. Applications will not be processed without this.
- Other payment options are:
- Personal Check
- Money Order
- Your bank's bill pay system
- Cash or telephone payments will not be accepted.
- Once your application is received and accepted, you will receive an acceptance letter. At
this time, your full tuition or first payment is due. You will not be
permitted to begin your unit unless your tuition is paid–in–full or you are on an
approved payment plan (see the fees section). To apply for an
approved payment plan, please submit the Tuition
- Your supervisor will be announced approximately one week before the start of the
Back to the top
- Application Fee
- $75.00 – one-time fee
- Standard Unit – $600.00
- Standard Unit with evidence–based enhancement – $900.00
- Returned Check Fee (any reason)
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellation Policy – In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from the CPE program
after the application has received, ICPT will use the following refund policy:
Back to the top
- application fees are non-refundable;
- prior to the published start date of the unit – all tuition paid will be
- between the unit start date and day 7 – all tuition paid less 10% of the unearned
tuition as an administrative fee as calculated on the Tuition Refund Worksheet;
- between day 8 and 43 days of the unit – the refund will be calculated as a prorata
portion of the tuition due for the unit less 10% of the unearned tuition as an administrative
fee as calculated on the Tuition Refund Worksheet. processing fee; and
- day 44 forward to the end of the unit – the full tuition paid is retained by ICPT
and the student is responsible for any balance due of unpaid tuition.
- In the event of dismissal from the program for cause, no refund will be given.
- Refunds will be processed, via check, no later than 45 days from the Date of
Determination and sent to the address on file for the student.
Obtaining CPE units or board certification through ICPT does not guarantee a vocational
chaplaincy position. CPE and board certification are simply requirements for most institutions.
Each institution sets its own requirements and applicants must meet those requirements in order
be considered for a position.Back to the top
©2005, 2015. Authorize.Net is a registered trademark of CyberSource Corporation